This Week @ Oak Bay Nation
Week of December 16th—December 20th
New Oak Bay Bus Project
The Oak Bay Athletics program is urgently in need of sponsorship funds to help purchase a new bus. The current bus failed its last inspection and is in need of several thousand dollars of repairs. Purchasing a new bus now makes more sense financially.
Through fundraising, sponsors and donations, 75% of the purchase price has been raised. Please contact vice principal, Keith Butler if you or your company is able to support this important project.
Victoria Native Friendship Centre – Free Tutoring
Free Tutoring available at the VNFC Mondays and Wednesdays from 3—5 in the Computer Lab. High School Math, English, Social Studies and Science. Bus tickets are available! Where? The Victoria Native Friendship Centre, 231 Regina Avenue, telephone: 250-384-3221.
Great Christmas Scavenger Hunt
Connect Club is inviting everyone (including staff) to a fun GREAT CHRISTMAS SCAVENGER HUNT after school Wednesday. Sign up a team of 4 that includes 2 nationalities or sign up individually and we’ll find you teammates. Sign-up sheets are outside the East Office and Mrs. Rahn’s office. It’s free and there are prizes.
Shredfest II Ski/Snowboard Trip
Shredfest II: Oak Bay High School is coordinating a ski/snowboard trip to Mt. Washington for our students on the Pro-D Day on January 24, 2014. The trip is open to all current students at Oak Bay High School and will include bus transportation, lift passes and gear rentals for our students. Due to limited space on the bus, transportation registration will be limited by a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis. Registration forms and payment will be collected in the East Cafeteria at 7:30 AM on January 9, 2014. Please contact Keith Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Murray Allen (email@example.com) if you have questions regarding this trip. This is a school sanctioned trip and expectations regarding student conduct will be the same as if it was a regular school day.
– New School Construction: Please check the main school website page for a time lapse of the Oak Bay new school construction.
– Oak Bay Photo Montage: Be sure to view the updated photo montage on the main page of the school website including the $5,000 donation re Youth Philanthropy Initiative.
– Morning Announcements: Reminder that parents can view the Daily Announcements by clicking the link in the bottom left of the main school web page.
– For news and information on Oak Bay Athletics, please check the following link: Oak Bay Athletics
– The Vancouver Island Parent Conference, February 1, 2014, continues its tradition of excellent speakers and thought-provoking workshops. For more information please check the following link: Vancouver Island Parent Conference