SEPTEMBER 28th, 2017
- CAFETERIA – Gourmet Hot Dogs/Fresh Baked Goodies
- NUTTY’S LOCKER – OPEN
Thursday, September 28th– Team Planning – No Block 3
- STUDY HALL – Library and Cafeteria
- 8:25 – 9:21 – Team Planning
- 9:26- 10:22 – Block 8
- 10:27 – 11:07 – Focus Block
- 11:12 – 12:08 – Block 1
- 12:08 – 12:56 – LUNCH
- 1:01 -1:57 – Block 2
- 2:03 – 2:59 – Block 4
On Friday, please join the GSA in honouring Residential School Survivors by wearing ORANGE.
First swim team practice will be TODAY at Oak Bay Rec at 3:30. Please meet on the deck.
There will be a mandatory meeting for all NEW International Students with Lynn Yarmoshuk in Room 302 on Tuesday, October 3rd at lunch. Pizza will be served.
Part Time After School Child Care Opportunity in Oak Bay
- Look after 2 girls (grades 7 and 5) 2 days a week after school.
- The days can be flexible but once set would remain the same 2 days each week
- Look after the girls until roughly 5:30 each of the 2 days
- The girls live very close to Margret Jenkins elementary school
- Salary to be discussed with family and interested student
- Child care to start as soon as possible
Babysitting course or preferably experience working with kids would be ideal. See Mrs. Giesbrecht if you are interested.
- before school – Men’s Choir with special guest Barbershop Quartet
- lunch – Junior Concert Choir
- before school – Women’s Choir
There will be a short meeting TODAY at lunch in Room 304, for all students registered in the Duke of Edinburgh Program.
The Salvation Army offers courses in Customer Service and POS as well as course in Word, Power Point and Excel. If you would like to take one of these courses to increase your skills for employment please see Ms. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre.
McDonald’s is putting on a National Hiring Day Wednesday, October 4th. They will be advertising available jobs and will have managers at each store from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm doing on the spot interviews and hiring that day! The stores are eager to hire as many great candidates as possible for all varieties of shifts. All students need to bring with them is a resume.
The Practice SAT is scheduled to take place at Oak Bay on the morning of October 11th. Grade 11 students interested in writing the PSAT need to see Mrs. Giesbrecht to sign up, pay a fee of $20.00 and receive study materials. SEATING IS LIMITED to students will be offered seats on a first come first serve basis.
Accelerated Math Program
- Are you interested in Completing more than one math class this year? IE math 9 and 10 in the same year or math 10 and 11 in the same year?
- IF you have not signed up, do that now at the link below and see Mr. Spray in 309 after school.
Attention Math Students.
- Do you want to make a difference at Oak Bay High School. Your strength in math and your care for people are perfectly matched in becoming a Math TA.
- Spray and the Math Department are looking for Math TAs. You can receive credits or volunteer hours and/or reference letters. We will work around your schedule.
- Please see Mr. Spray in 309 and fill out this information form below
The Oak Bay tennis club begins October 6th at 7am in the bubble.
- Please complete the form:
and/or see Mr. Spray in room 309
Please help out the OB Green Recycling Team by filling out a really short survey. Thanks
European Universities Consortium – If you are curious about studying in Europe please consider attending an information session at St. Michaels University School on Monday October 16th from 4:00 – 5:00 pm. The following universities will be in attendance, Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (Switzerland), IE University (Spain), Jacobs University (Germany) and Universita Bocconit (Italy).
Run for the Cure is looking for volunteers on October 1st. Please sign up online if you are interested. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre. Run For The Cure Volunteering.
The PAC secretary at Margaret Jenkins elementary is looking for students interested in volunteering to childmind during their PAC meetings. Please see Mrs. Giesbrecht if you are interested.
Halloween volunteer opportunity – see Mrs. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre for information.