SEPTEMBER 27th , 2017
- CAFETERIA – Pad Thai/Fresh Baked Goodies
- NUTTY’S LOCKER – CLOSED
Lattitude Global Volunteering will be in the Career Centre at lunch TODAY, Sept 27th. If you are interested in a gap year after high school come and learn about the volunteer abroad opportunities they have to offer.
- Wed lunch – Senior Concert Choir
- before school – Men’s Choir with special guest Barbershop Quartet
- lunch – Junior Concert Choir
- before school – Women’s Choir
Thursday, September 28th– Team Planning – No Block 3
- STUDY HALL – Library and Cafeteria
- 8:25 – 9:21 – Team Planning
- 9:26- 10:22 – Block 8
- 10:27 – 11:07 – Focus Block
- 11:12 – 12:08 – Block 1
- 12:08 – 12:56 – LUNCH
- 1:01 -1:57 – Block 2
- 2:03 – 2:59 – Block 4
The Salvation Army offers courses in Customer Service and POS as well as course in Word, Power Point and Excel. If you would like to take one of these courses to increase your skills for employment please see Ms. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre.
Reminder to grade 12 students the University of Glasgow & University of Edinburgh will be at St. Michael’s, TODAY, September 27th at 6:30 pm.
Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarship – Rotary Youth Exchange programs are open to students ages 16 – 18. The year you leave on exchange you must be at least 16 years old by August 16 and cannot turn 18 years old before August 15. To qualify, applicants should be above-average students who have demonstrated leadership in their community. Candidates should also possess qualities such as flexibility and a willingness to try new things that will enable them to fully experience life in another country and become excellent cultural ambassadors. For more information please go to www.rye5020.org To apply please pick up an application in the Career Centre. ***Applications are due into Mrs. Giesbrecht by noon TODAY, Sept 27th.***
First swim team practice will be this Thursday at Oak Bay Rec at 3:30. Please meet on the deck.
There will be a short meeting on Thursday at lunch in Room 304, for all students registered in the Duke of Edinburgh Program.
On Friday, please join the GSA in honouring Residential School Survivors by wearing ORANGE.
McDonald’s is putting on a National Hiring Day Wednesday, October 4th. They will be advertising available jobs and will have managers at each store from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm doing on the spot interviews and hiring that day! The stores are eager to hire as many great candidates as possible for all varieties of shifts. All students need to bring with them is a resume.
The Practice SAT is scheduled to take place at Oak Bay on the morning of October 11th. Grade 11 students interested in writing the PSAT need to see Mrs. Giesbrecht to sign up, pay a fee of $20.00 and receive study materials. SEATING IS LIMITED to students will be offered seats on a first come first serve basis.
Accelerated Math Program
- Are you interested in Completing more than one math class this year? IE math 9 and 10 in the same year or math 10 and 11 in the same year?
- IF you have not signed up, do that now at the link below and see Mr. Spray in 309 after school.
Attention Math Students.
- Do you want to make a difference at Oak Bay High School. Your strength in math and your care for people are perfectly matched in becoming a Math TA.
- Spray and the Math Department are looking for Math TAs. You can receive credits or volunteer hours and/or reference letters. We will work around your schedule.
- Please see Mr. Spray in 309 and fill out this information form below
The Oak Bay tennis club begins October 6th at 7am in the bubble.
- Please complete the form:
and/or see Mr. Spray in room 309
Please help out the OB Green Recycling Team by filling out a really short survey. Thanks
European Universities Consortium – If you are curious about studying in Europe please consider attending an information session at St. Michaels University School on Monday October 16th from 4:00 – 5:00 pm. The following universities will be in attendance, Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (Switzerland), IE University (Spain), Jacobs University (Germany) and Universita Bocconit (Italy).
Run for the Cure is looking for volunteers on October 1st. Please sign up online if you are interested. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre. Run For The Cure Volunteering.
The PAC secretary at Margaret Jenkins elementary is looking for students interested in volunteering to childmind during their PAC meetings. Please see Mrs. Giesbrecht if you are interested.
Halloween volunteer opportunity – see Mrs. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre for information.