OCTOBER 4th , 2017
- CAFETERIA – Pizza/Fresh Baked Goodies
- NUTTY’S LOCKER – CLOSED
************NEW GRAD 2018 NEWS SECTION********************
All swim team FORMS AND CHEQUE MUST be handed in to Mr. Fasts’ box in the office TODAY.
Alexa Van Cuylenborg please go to room 304 during Focus.
Hey Oak Bay, on Monday, October 23rd we will be having a pumpkin carving contest open to all! Come down to the Cafeteria at lunch with groups of 2 or more to win some great prizes.
We Scare Hunger Leadership Group is collecting non-perishable food items in Advisory until October 23rd. The Advisory that collects the most items wins a prize. Also, bring in 2 items when you buy your Halloween Dance ticket for $2 off.
Global & International Skills Program
- Are you the adventurous type that seeks opportunities to travel the world?
- Are you interested in meeting new people from different cultural backgrounds than your own?
- Would you like to be engaged in local intercultural opportunities that are fun and social?
- Then you should come to the Global and International Skills Program Info Session on
TODAY at 3:10 in Room 302
The Oak Bay tennis club begins October 6th at 7am in the bubble.
- Please complete the form:
and/or see Mr. Spray in room 309
First Youth Against Cancer meeting is Thursday, October 5th at lunch in Room 304.
CONGRATULATIONS to the Junior Girl’s Volleyball Black Team for winning the Belmont Tournament on the weekend!
Oak Bay Cops for Cancer shirts on sale at lunch this week Monday to Thursday by the staircase for only $10. Make sure to get one before the riders come on Thursday to show your support.
Part Time After School Child Care Opportunity in Oak Bay
- Look after 2 girls (grades 7 and 5) 2 days a week after school.
- The days can be flexible but once set would remain the same 2 days each week
- Look after the girls until roughly 5:30 each of the 2 days
- The girls live very close to Margret Jenkins elementary school
- Salary to be discussed with family and interested student
- Child care to start as soon as possible
Babysitting course or preferably experience working with kids would be ideal. See Mrs. Giesbrecht if you are interested.
The Salvation Army offers courses in Customer Service and POS as well as course in Word, Power Point and Excel. If you would like to take one of these courses to increase your skills for employment please see Ms. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre.
McDonald’s is putting on a National Hiring Day Wednesday, October 4th. They will be advertising available jobs and will have managers at each store from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm doing on the spot interviews and hiring that day! The stores are eager to hire as many great candidates as possible for all varieties of shifts. All students need to bring with them is a resume.
Accelerated Math Program
- Are you interested in Completing more than one math class this year? IE math 9 and 10 in the same year or math 10 and 11 in the same year?
- IF you have not signed up, do that now at the link below and see Mr. Spray in 309 after school.
Attention Math Students.
- Do you want to make a difference at Oak Bay High School. Your strength in math and your care for people are perfectly matched in becoming a Math TA.
- Spray and the Math Department are looking for Math TAs. You can receive credits or volunteer hours and/or reference letters. We will work around your schedule.
- Please see Mr. Spray in 309 and fill out this information form below
Please help out the OB Green Recycling Team by filling out a really short survey. Thanks
European Universities Consortium – If you are curious about studying in Europe please consider attending an information session at St. Michaels University School on Monday October 16th from 4:00 – 5:00 pm. The following universities will be in attendance, Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (Switzerland), IE University (Spain), Jacobs University (Germany) and Universita Bocconit (Italy).
The PAC secretary at Margaret Jenkins elementary is looking for students interested in volunteering to childmind during their PAC meetings. Please see Mrs. Giesbrecht if you are interested.
Halloween volunteer opportunity – see Mrs. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre for information.
Grad 2018 News
- Where – Oak Bay Rec Centre
- When – October 23rd – 27th
- Sign-up – You can sign up online NOW at mountainwest.ca
- Fee – $10 (payable at your sitting)
- Any questions contact Mountainwest Studios
- Phone # 604-433-0551
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org