OCTOBER 16th, 2017
- CAFETERIA – Tacos/Fresh Baked Goodies
- NUTTY’S LOCKER – CLOSED
Quest University will be in the Career Centre at lunch TODAY.
Junior Boys Basketball try-outs TODAY at 6:30 PM.
Come and share an evening with UVic, Camosun College and Lattitude. Grade 12 students and their parents are invited to a Post-Secondary Option Evening at Oak Bay Secondary on Monday, October 16th in the theatre from 7:00 – 8:30 pm.
There will be a brief meeting Tuesday at lunch in Room 304 for all students who are registered or interested in the Duke of Edinburgh Program.
Bishop’s University will be in the Career Centre at lunch on Wednesday Oct. 18th
Anyone looking for volunteer hours, we are looking for Peer Tutors. Please see Mrs. Kinnear in room 313 if you are interested.
Oak Bay Environment Club
- Come out for the first meeting of this year’s Environment Club on Wednesday October 18th at lunch in room 233. Bring your thoughts and ideas about what you would like our enviro club to be involved with this year, at school and in our community.
Sign up for the Oak Bay Enviro Club Remind:
Halloween dance tickets for sale at lunch by the social stairs. Tickets are $10 each.
ALL ISP students have a mandatory meeting on Tuesday, October 17th, at the start of FOCUS in the theatre. It will be short, so you will be able to attend FOCUS afterwards.
Sign up for Battle of the Bands! Details and sign-up sheet outside the Blackbox.
The Oak Bay Rotary Club is looking for grade 9/10 applicants for their leadership camp in Crofton, BC between October 27th and 29th 2017. If interested please see Mr. Turner today.
Hey Oak Bay, on Monday, October 23rd we will be having a pumpkin carving contest open to all! Come down to the Cafeteria at lunch with groups of 2 or more to win some great prizes.
We Scare Hunger Leadership Group is collecting non-perishable food items in Advisory until October 23rd. The Advisory that collects the most items wins a prize. Also, bring in 2 items when you buy your Halloween Dance ticket for $2 off.
Accelerated Math Program
- Are you interested in Completing more than one math class this year? IE math 9 and 10 in the same year or math 10 and 11 in the same year?
- IF you have not signed up, do that now at the link below and see Mr. Spray in 309 after school.
Attention Math Students.
- Do you want to make a difference at Oak Bay High School. Your strength in math and your care for people are perfectly matched in becoming a Math TA.
- Spray and the Math Department are looking for Math TAs. You can receive credits or volunteer hours and/or reference letters. We will work around your schedule.
- Please see Mr. Spray in 309 and fill out this information form below
European Universities Consortium – If you are curious about studying in Europe please consider attending an information session at St. Michaels University School on Monday October 16th from 4:00 – 5:00 pm. The following universities will be in attendance, Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (Switzerland), IE University (Spain), Jacobs University (Germany) and Universita Bocconit (Italy).
Grad 2018 News
- Where – Oak Bay Rec Centre
- When – October 23rd – 27th
- Sign-up – You can sign up online NOW at mountainwest.ca
- Fee – $10 (payable at your sitting)
- Any questions contact Mountainwest Studios
- Phone # 604-433-0551
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org