OCTOBER 12th, 2017
- CAFETERIA – Gourmet Hot Dogs/Fresh Baked Goodies
- NUTTY’S LOCKER – OPEN
*********NEW GRAD 2018 NEWS SECTION**************
****** Thursday, October 12th – Team Planning – No Block 8 ******
- STUDY HALL – Library and Cafeteria
- 8:25 – 9:21 – Team Planning
- 9:26- 10:22 – Block 1
- 10:27 – 11:07 – Focus Block
- 11:12 – 12:08 – Block 2
- 12:08 – 12:56 – LUNCH
- 1:01 -1:57 – Block 3
- 2:03 – 2:59 – Block 4
Amnesty International will have a meeting TOMORROW at lunch in room 221.
ALL ISP students have a mandatory meeting on Tuesday, October 17th, at the start of FOCUS in the theatre. It will be short, so you will be able to attend FOCUS afterwards.
Senior Girls Basketball Tryouts:
- TODAY at 3pm Big Gym
If you can’t make it to either tryout please come see Mr Kinnear or email him as soon as possible.
Halloween dance tickets will begin to be sold tomorrow at lunch at the base of the social stairs. Tickets are $10 each.
The Oak Bay Rotary Club is looking for grade 9/10 applicants for their leadership camp in Crofton, BC between October 27th and 29th 2017. If interested please see Mr. Turner today.
Interested in continuing on the spirit of C4C? Youth Against Cancer is having its first meeting this Thursday at lunch in room 304. Come and join us!
|Quest University||October 16th||Lunch||Career Centre|
|Post-Secondary Option Evening, UVic, Camosun & Lattitude||October 16th||7:00 0 8:30||OB Theatre|
|European Universities Mini-fair||October 16th||4:00 – 5:00||St. Michael’s University in the Chapel|
|Ivy League + Stanford Visits Western Canada||October 16th||7:30 PM||St. Michael’s University|
Sign up for Battle of the Bands! Details and sign-up sheet outside the Blackbox.
Hey Oak Bay, on Monday, October 23rd we will be having a pumpkin carving contest open to all! Come down to the Cafeteria at lunch with groups of 2 or more to win some great prizes.
We Scare Hunger Leadership Group is collecting non-perishable food items in Advisory until October 23rd. The Advisory that collects the most items wins a prize. Also, bring in 2 items when you buy your Halloween Dance ticket for $2 off.
Accelerated Math Program
- Are you interested in Completing more than one math class this year? IE math 9 and 10 in the same year or math 10 and 11 in the same year?
- IF you have not signed up, do that now at the link below and see Mr. Spray in 309 after school.
Attention Math Students.
- Do you want to make a difference at Oak Bay High School. Your strength in math and your care for people are perfectly matched in becoming a Math TA.
- Spray and the Math Department are looking for Math TAs. You can receive credits or volunteer hours and/or reference letters. We will work around your schedule.
- Please see Mr. Spray in 309 and fill out this information form below
European Universities Consortium – If you are curious about studying in Europe please consider attending an information session at St. Michaels University School on Monday October 16th from 4:00 – 5:00 pm. The following universities will be in attendance, Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (Switzerland), IE University (Spain), Jacobs University (Germany) and Universita Bocconit (Italy).
Grad 2018 News
- Where – Oak Bay Rec Centre
- When – October 23rd – 27th
- Sign-up – You can sign up online NOW at mountainwest.ca
- Fee – $10 (payable at your sitting)
- Any questions contact Mountainwest Studios
- Phone # 604-433-0551
- E-mail: email@example.com