November 23rd, 2017
- CAFETERIA – Gourmet Hot Dogs/Fresh Baked Goodies
- NUTTY’S LOCKER – OPEN
Thursday, November 23rd – Team Planning – No Block 4
- STUDY HALL – Library and Cafeteria
- 8:25 – 9:21 – Team Planning
- 9:26- 10:22 – Block 8
- 10:27 – 11:07 – Focus Block
- 11:12 – 12:08 – Block 1
- 12:08 – 12:56 – LUNCH
- 1:01 -1:57 – Block 2
- 2:03 – 2:59 – Block 3
Last day for the clothing drive. There will be boxes around the school. Make sure to bring in your gently used clothes! All clothes will be going to Our Place.
All Oak Bay basketball players meet in the big gym this TODAY during focus for a quick picture. Please try and wear your jerseys!!
There is a meeting TODAY at LUNCH in the “Black Box” for anyone interested in participating in the ski and snowboard team this season. Information packages will be given during this meeting. Think SNOW!
- lunch – Junior Concert Choir Men and Women
All staff and students – please consider joining us NOVEMBER 23 for our “Salute to the Saloon Singers” Concert featuring Joe Coughlin on our Dave Dunnet Theatre. Show starts at 7:30, you can purchase tickets here at Oak Bay and all proceeds go towards our Sno’uyutth Legacy Scholarship fund.
Rhino Labour Temp Services – Construction Hiring Fair November 30th from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at #105-847 Goldstream Ave. or #110-2950 Douglas St. Interviewing for the following positions: general & skilled labourers, ticketed and non-ticketed carpenters, carpenter helpers, flaggers and occupational first aid attendants level 1, 2 and 3.
AMP students: Would the following students fill out the AMP form and/or see Mr. Spray in 309
Jacob Smith Alexandra Lee
Kyla Younger Tessa Jones
Emily Bourgeois Aida Hasey
Yamilla Bawa Jason Thomo
Nolan Walsh Oliver Brown
Ryan Gambart James Zhang
The Oak Bay Barbers Sr. Boys Volleyball team won the Island Championship Saturday night with a convincing 3-0 victory over Dover Bay in the Gold Medal match.
- Very strong performances from the entire team, making All-Star selections difficult for the selection committee.
- Second-team all-star: Riley Cronk (6 service aces, 6 blocks)
- First-team all stars: Ben Johannknecht (21 kills on 43 attacks) and Zach Monckton (21 kills on 44 attacks, 14 service aces)
- MVP: Diego Maffia (.550 attack average, best passer, most digs)
- Shout out to slightly-injured Captain Cam Hayes (20 kills on 37 attack, 7 stuff blocks and 4 aces)
- The Barbers advance to the BC Championships as the #3 seed, Nov 28-Dec 1 at LEC.
Congratulations to Chamber Choir and Jazz Wave for their outstanding performances at the Choral Valley Festival in Comox this week-end!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to the Junior Girl’s Volleyball Team who won the Island Championships this past weekend at Claremont. They took down Claremont in a super exciting semi-final and Carihi in the finals to take the gold!
The Field Hockey girls lost in a close shoot out to finish out the top four. They finished 7th over all a job well done with six games and only one sub. A very successful season . The coaches are so proud of their effort congratulations!
NONE AT THIS TIME
Grad 2018 News
GRAD PHOTO RETAKES – DECEMBER 12th
- Sign up at mountainwest.ca
2018 Grad Wear can now be ordered on-line through Passion Sports.
- Log on:
- Create an account, choose and customize the item (colour, personalization, and size)
- Items can be ordered until Friday, December 1st 9:00am.
- All purchases will be delivered to the school on Friday, December 15th.
IN THE CAREER CENTRE
- Brock University – Monday November 27th at lunch.
- University of Alberta – Wednesday November 29th after school.
- Camosun College Nursing Program Update/Visit
A representative will be in the Career Centre on Thursday November 30th at lunch to go over all you need to know about applying to Nursing at Camosun College and UVic.
- University of Toronto – Thursday November 30th after school.
TRANSCRIPT Information: You can access your transcript online now, to see information for yourself or for picking post-secondary institutions to order and send to. No need to have a paper copy now J. Go to the Ministry of Education’s Transcripts and Certificate website at http://www.StudentTranscripts.gov.bc.ca. If you have any questions go and see Mr. Alexander or Mrs. Giesbrecht.