November 20th, 2017
- CAFETERIA – Tacos/Fresh Baked Goodies
- NUTTY’S LOCKER – CLOSED
Any hockey students interested in playing a friendly game of hockey with the Oak Bay Police and Fire Department, please meet Mr. Fast in the Big Gym on TODAY at lunch.
Bake Sale today at lunch to help the Junior Girl’s Volleyball Team fundraise for the B.C. Championships
The Oak Bay Barbers Sr. Boys Volleyball team won the Island Championship Saturday night with a convincing 3-0 victory over Dover Bay in the Gold Medal match.
- Very strong performances from the entire team, making All-Star selections difficult for the selection committee.
- Second-team all-star: Riley Cronk (6 service aces, 6 blocks)
- First-team all stars: Ben Johannknecht (21 kills on 43 attacks) and Zach Monckton (21 kills on 44 attacks, 14 service aces)
- MVP: Diego Maffia (.550 attack average, best passer, most digs)
- Shout out to slightly-injured Captain Cam Hayes (20 kills on 37 attack, 7 stuff blocks and 4 aces)
- The Barbers advance to the BC Championships as the #3 seed, Nov 28-Dec 1 at LEC.
- Monday lunch – Senior Concert Choir MEN ONLY!
- Tuesday lunch – Junior Concert Choir Men and Women
- Wed before school – Junior Concert Choir Women
- lunch – Senior Concert Choir WOMEN ONLY!
- before school – Men’s Choir – the Village Squires Barbershop quartet will be with us
- lunch – Junior Concert Choir Men and Women
There is a meeting this THURSDAY at LUNCH in the “Black Box” for anyone interested in participating in the ski and snowboard team this season. Information packages will be given during this meeting. Think SNOW!
Congratulations to Chamber Choir and Jazz Wave for their outstanding performances at the Choral Valley Festival in Comox this week-end!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to the Junior Girl’s Volleyball Team who won the Island Championships this past weekend at Claremont. They took down Claremont in a super exciting semi-final and Carihi in the finals to take the gold!
The Field Hockey girls lost in a close shoot out to finish out the top four. They finished 7th over all a job well done with six games and only one sub. A very successful season . The coaches are so proud of their effort congratulations!
Oak Bay Swim team attended Provincials in Richmond this weekend. 7 swimmers traveled over for it. 5 of the swimmers, including 2 relays made it to day 2 for the finals. Annika Weir came in 8th in the Province in the 50 Free and 4th in the 100 free, Braeden Copeman finished 9th in the province in the 50 free and 9th in the 50 breaststroke, MacKenzie Larkin came in 13th in the Province in the 50 breaststroke, our relay team of Braeden Copeman, Hayden Moore, MacKenzie Larkin and Annika Weir came in 7th in the 200 Medley Relay and 3rd in the 200 Free Relay
AMP students: Would the following students fill out the AMP form and/or see Mr. Spray in 309
Jacob Smith Alexandra Lee
Kyla Younger Tessa Jones
Emily Bourgeois Aida Hasey
Yamilla Bawa Jason Thomo
Nolan Walsh Oliver Brown
Ryan Gambart James Zhang
Cultural Connection Club will be hosting a Tiramisu making activity after school on Tuesday, November 21. We will be learning how to make Tiramisu, an Italian dessert in the Foods room. All students are welcome. Please sign up outside the international room (202) if you are interested.
Oak Bay, each one of your Advisories has a Christmas shoe box that we need your help to fill up. These shoe boxes go to less fortunate children in poverty stricken countries. We will be collecting the boxes on November 20th. Ideas for the boxes are: small toys, school supplies, non-liquid hygiene items.
There is a clothing drive happening right now until November 23rd. There will be boxes around the school. Make sure to bring in your gently used clothes! All clothes will be going to Our Place.
Would you like to explore Aviation as a career? School District 61 along with Viking Air will host a day of exploring the world of aviation (manufacturing, inspecting, engineering, marketing, flying, etc.) at Viking Air through interactive and hands-on activities Friday November 24th from 9:00am-1:30pm. NOTE: this is a Pro D Day. Seats are very limited and applications are due in to Mrs. Giesbrecht on or before Nov. 17th. Applications can be found in the Career Centre.
All staff and students – please consider joining us NOVEMBER 23 for our “Salute to the Saloon Singers” Concert featuring Joe Coughlin on our Dave Dunnet Theatre. Show starts at 7:30, you can purchase tickets here at Oak Bay and all proceeds go towards our Sno’uyutth Legacy Scholarship fund.
Sign up for Battle of the Bands! Details and sign-up sheet outside the Blackbox.
NONE AT THIS TIME
Grad 2018 News
2018 Grad Wear can now be ordered on-line through Passion Sports.
- Log on:
- Create an account, choose and customize the item (colour, personalization, and size)
- Items can be ordered until Friday, December 1st 9:00am.
- All purchases will be delivered to the school on Friday, December 15th.
TRANSCRIPT Information: You can access your transcript online now, to see information for yourself or for picking post-secondary institutions to order and send to. No need to have a paper copy now J. Go to the Ministry of Education’s Transcripts and Certificate website at http://www.StudentTranscripts.gov.bc.ca. If you have any questions go and see Mr. Alexander or Mrs. Giesbrecht.