February 14th, 2019
- CAFETERIA – Gourmet Hot Dogs
- NUTTY’S LOCKER – Closed
Ultimate Frisbee – 1st practice is to be Friday Feb 22nd 3-4 and then Monday Feb 25th 3-4 and then Friday March 1st 3-4 and following that every wed (starting Wed Mar 6th) 7:30am- bell and Fridays 3-4.
COURSE FORMS – Completed, parent signed forms are due to the office by Tuesday, February 19th at 4:00pm. All Course Forms returned after this time will be date-stamped and recorded.
All MathChallengers participants, please meet with Mr. Carter in room 307 after school TODAY. Rides and other important details need to be discussed.
“Water is Life” Exchange program (2019-2020)
Open to grades 9-11
Trip #1 – Water is Life Netherlands Exchange
September 2020 – Maurick College students come to Victoria
April 2019 – we go to the Maurick College in the Netherland
Trip #2 – International Water is Life Conference Florida
June 22 – 28, 2020- Saint Stephen’s School in Bradenton, Florida
What are the perks of the ‘Water is Life’ exchange?
To develop practical scientific field skills
To engage in a local, relevant, real-world research project
Chance to earn 4 credits through ‘Directed Studies’ Course
To develop friendship and collaborative networks through an exchange with Maurick College (The Netherlands) and the 2020 Florida International Water is Life Conference
To visit and experience the culture of The Netherlands, including a chance to visit Amsterdam
Interested in the Exchange and want to hear more?
Come to Mr. Shrubsole’s room (#233) at Lunch on Wednesday February 20th
|Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
Check out this link for more info: http://bit.ly/WIL2020
School Musical “Mary Poppins” – Tickets can be purchased at the school, online here, or Ivy’s Bookstore.
Graduation Ceremony and Dinner Dance costs and Ceremony tickets can all be paid online through School Cash Online or alternatively you can bring cash or cheque to the office with your form. Please remember ALL Graduation Ceremony Tickets Requests Forms MUST BE RETURNED to the OFFICE.
Could the following students please return the elevator fob loaned to them to the office:
The Greater Victoria School District is excited to offer our next TWO secondary Springboards!
1) On Wednesday, March 6th, the Greater Victoria School District is partnering with Pacific Design Academy (PDA) to allow 16 district students to explore and experience Photography & Graphic Design through hands-on activities, demonstrations, and discussions with PDA instructors:
- Grades 9-12 students are welcome to participate
- Student applications are due on or before Tuesday, February 26th
- Please see Mrs. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre for more information and/or an application form. Or click here for an information poster.
2) On Thursday, March 7th, the Greater Victoria School District is partnering, again, with Pacific Design Academy (PDA) to allow 16 district students to explore and experience Interior Design & Architectural Building Technology through hands-on activities, demonstrations, and discussions with PDA instructors:
- Grades 9-12 students are welcome to participate
- Student applications are due on or before Wednesday, February 27th
- Please see Mrs. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre for more information and/or an application form. Or click here for an information poster
Women In Trades & Technology – Oak Bay is able to send four girls (grades 9 – 12) to take part in a trades and technology day at Camosun College Interurban Campus on Wednesday Feb. 20th from 9:30am to 2:15pm. Please see Mrs. Giesbrecht if you would like more information or to apply. The four seats reserved for Oak Bay will be filled on a first come first serve basis. Don’t delay!
Cst Perry has set up a questions/concerns box at the table in the counsellor center. Please feel free to forward any questions/concerns to Cst Perry in this manner or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org . Starting in November Cst Perry will be posting her office time at OB High through the morning announcements. She encourages everyone to come by to see her about any questions they may have or just even to chat.
A local parent is looking for someone to supervise, facilitate and provide chess instruction to a group of about six 10-12 year olds. This position can be paid or volunteer. Please see Mrs. Giesbrecht in the Career Centre for more information.
O’Keeffe Automotive Service on 1220 Newport Avenue is looking for a part-time worker to come in a few days a week after school to do some basic office work (filing, data entry, etc.). Please see Mrs. Giesbrecht if you are interested in applying.
Tsukino-Con 2019 Volunteer Opportunity – Tsukino-Con is a non-profit organization that hosts an annual anime, games, and Japanese culture convention on campus. We support a variety of charities including Child’s Play, the BC SPCA, as well as the Mustard Seed and UVIC Food Bank. This year’s event will be February 22-24, 2019. There are several areas to volunteer, like registration, concession and snack bar, janitorial, coat check, info booth and so much more. For more information on volunteering please click http://tsukinocon.com/volunteer/ .
Youth volunteer opportunities available to students.